Wednesday, November 21, 2007

predictable, but true.

this is what you'd expect...a bit of gratitude...for...

a good, beautiful, comfortable and comforting, breath-taking, and faith renewing place to live...a wonderful and crazy dog and cat who love to wrestle in the field in front of our house...learning to make cheese...making bread...frozen vegetables in our freezer from our garden and the farms of growers near us...a sister who travels a long, long way to visit...new homes and new beginnings for family i love...cheesy movies that make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...good, soul-filling music...brothers who give me hope for the future of the world...funny people like Stephen Colbert and John Stewart who help me remember to laugh--and speak truth...friends and family who know me and love me even though they know me so well...friends who help me laugh and celebrate life...family who hold each other up when it feels like the world might split at the seams...warm blankets...fresh water to drink...shared organs...deep, deep, solid roots and the opportunity to try growing new branches...a kind, generous, and very cute husband who holds his arms out to catch me when i'm spinning, sits quietly with me when life is hard, dances around with me and always makes me laugh, and walks beside me always holding my hand as we find our way on this journey...

...and a loving God whose goodness and peace passes my understanding, but holds me up even so.

what are you thankful for this year?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am thankful for you learning to make cheese, future roomie!!!

Anonymous said...

Anjie apples, lunch dates and BLOGGING. Can I get an AMEN.

KB(T) said...

Sounds like a good life! I am thankful that you are happy :)

Anonymous said...

a big sister that loves me from far away, loves me when i mess up, loves me enough to wake up at 4:30 for me, loves me no matter what and that is the best big sister i could have ever hoped for

Anonymous said...

i just want to clarify that i did not intend this question as a solicitation of gratitude for me and my life with all of you! but, i must say, i'm grateful for all the gratitude!:)